Sunday, October 27, 2013

This land is your land, this land is my land

As I went walking I saw a sign there 
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing." 
But on the other side it didn't say nothing, 
That side was made for you and me.
Nobody living can ever stop me, 
As I go walking that freedom highway; 
Nobody living can ever make me turn back 
This land was made for you and me.

So sang Woody Guthrie. Not so. 
San Mateo County Superior Court judge ruled this week that billionaire Vinod Khosla may block the only road to Martins Beach south of Half Moon Bay. According to the ruling, beachgoers will still technically have access to the 200-acre beach if they can get there from the ocean .

 Khosla bought the property for $37.5 million in 2008. The group Friends of Martins Beach plans to appeal the ruling, arguing that it violates beach access rights under the California Constitution.

No comments: