Saturday, September 06, 2014

A Candle In The Wind


All I have, all you have, all we have, is the power to do good and right within reach of our arm. I can't defeat ISIS, or suck the oil and oil-cleanup contaminants out of the Gulf, or imprison the people who wrecked the economy and laughed all the way to the bank, or imprison the people who started wars based on lies and torture and also laughed all the way to the bank, or break the "defense" industry over my knee and redirect their engorged funding toward the greater good, or stop the seas from rising, or the polar caps from melting. I can't end greed, or hunger, or hatred, or disease...I can try, and do every day, but it is the equivalent of yelling at a thunderstorm. No matter how loud I shout, I still get wet.
I can do the best I can within reach of my arm, one reach at a time.

A paragraph from here


No comments: