1. The United States spends more on the military than the next 12 nations combined.
2. The United States has the most foreign military bases in the world by far.
3. The United States exports more arms to other countries than anyone else in the worlD
4. In 2009 the U.S. military used 5.7 trillion gallons of oil, just under 16 million gallons a day. Its operations produced an estimated 73 million tons of greenhouse gases, making it the biggest polluter - and the largest petroleum gobbler. In just four years, 2003-2007, the Iraq War resulted in 141 metric tons of CO2 emissions - the equivalent of 25 million cars.
5. The United States spends much more on health care as a percentage of GDP than any other nation on the face of the earth.
6. Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese.
7. The average American drinks more than 600 sodas a year - the most in the world.
8. US corporations sell more fast food and more soda than anyone else in the world by a wide margin.
9. The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.
10. Americans take more prescription drugs than anyone else in the world.
11. More is spent on prescription drug advertising in America than anywhere else in the world.
12. More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in America than anywhere else on earth.
13. The United States leads the world in eating disorder deaths.
14. Nobody in the world gets more plastic surgery done than Americans do.
15. The United States has the most laws on the entire planet.
16. The United States has the most lawyers per capita in the entire world.
17. The United States has the most total reported crimes in the world by far.
18. The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire globe.