From Capitalism to Socialism. . . how we live and ...
Karl Marx Quotes
The Socialist Party's Summer School 2020
Sunday, June 14, 2020
Child Labour Facts
Here are some more facts about child labour:
- Almost a tenth of all children worldwide are engaged in child labour.
- Of the 152 million victims globally, about half are engaged in dangerous work in sectors such as construction, agriculture, mining and brick and stone manufacturing.
- About 70% work in agriculture - including fishing, forestry and livestock herding - while 17% are in the service industry and
12% are in the industrial sector
, including mining.
- Boys account for 58% of all victims of child labour. But this statistic could reflect an underreporting of girls' work as many of those in domestic servitude are thought to go uncounted.
- About 72.1 million child labourers are in Africa, 62.1 million in Asia and the Pacific, 10.7 million in the Americas, 5.5 million in Europe and Central Asia, and 1.2 million in the Arab states.
- The prevalence of child labour is 77 percent higher in countries where there is conflict.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a comment
Post Comments (Atom)