Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Quote of the Day

Qahtani told his men to dispose of Khashoggi. “Bring me the head of the dog”

Prince Mohammed had no knowledge of the operation that led to Khashoggi’s death and “certainly did not order a kidnapping or murder of anybody”, a Saudi official said.

Another Saudi official close to the investigation said that Qahtani decided on his own to organize Khashoggi’s kidnapping but that the plan had gone wrong.

 It is hard to imagine that the crown prince could have not known about such a delicate operation.

“Do you think I make decisions without guidance? I am an employee and a faithful executor of the orders of my lord the king and my lord the faithful crown prince,” Saud al-Qahtani, a top aide for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, tweeted last Summer.

The Saudi king has sacked Qahtani and ordered a restructuring of the general intelligence agency. To head it, he named the Crown Prince.

No comments: