Tuesday, April 14, 2015

VOTE FOR MONARCHY IN MAY! (weekly poem)

VOTE FOR MONARCHY IN MAY!

17-21 March 2015. For his 22nd visit to the USA, Prince Charles spent £250K on a private jet to speak about Global Warming…

“We must save Mother Earth” claims Charles,
From far across the sea;
“Unless we take more care of her,
Some frightful things might just occur,
And where would that leave me?”

“We need more wealth for palaces,
And jewels and silver plate;
And other goodies to accrue,
At ceremonies and visits to,
Each continent and state.”

“We need more useless toadying,
And bending at the knee;
More sucking-up to royalty,
And far less class disloyalty,
To Britain’s Monarchy.”

“Forget health treatment for the sick,
Or Food Banks for the poor;
Without me and my acolytes,
Responsible for my sound-bytes,
Life would be such a bore!”

“Without me and Camilla-kins
Who might one day be Queen;
You’d not have much to laugh about,
If I did not go on and spout,
About me being Green!”

“So vote for Monarchy in May, (1)
They serve a life-long term;
And like Diana you could wed,
A Royal who is off their head,
From way inside ‘The Firm’!” (2)

(1) British General Election.

(2) Nickname for the monarchy, and quite by coincidence, the name of the Kray Gang.

© Richard Layton  

No comments: